Applicants need to provide the following:
-An application form completed in all parts. The clinical reference must be written or typed onto the application form and signed in person, by the referee, and should not be sent as a separate letter
-An original Certificate of Good Standing (see below) that must be no older than 3 months on the day the application is received by the GDC. If there is a one year gap between ORE sittings, you will need to submit a new Certificate of Good Standing *
-Evidence of knowledge of the English language. Please refer to the Evidence of English language competence: Guidance for applicants document
- A certified copy of a primary dental degree recognised for the purpose of the exam **
- A certified copy of a current, valid passport **
- One recent passport-size photographs
- NARIC statement
- A Certificate of Good Standing is a certificate or letter issued by the registration authority for dentists. We require this certificate from the country of graduation as well as any other country where a dentist has practiced .
You must pass Part 1 both paper (A - B) in order to progress to part .
It consists of two computer-based exam papers:
- Paper A covers clinically applied dental science and clinically applied human disease
-Paper B covers aspects of clinical dentistry, including law and ethics and health and safety
There are four components to Part 2 of the ORE
-An operative test on a dental manikin (DM)
-An objective structured clinical examination (OSCE)
-A diagnostic and treatment planning exercise (DTP)
-A practical examination in medical emergencies (ME).
April, July, August.
|January, April, Sept.|
King's College London
-The Royal College of Surgeons, Lincoln's Inn Fields (OSCE)
-Eastman Dental Institute, Gray's Inn Road (Dental Manikin)
-Eastman Dental Hospital, Gray's Inn Road (Diagnosis and Treatment Planning - Medical Emergencies)
|Availibilty in Egypt||
|Limitation of trials||5 Years||5 Years|